Our teams work in various settings. There are a few very important visiting rules of behavior!
- The therapy pet and the handler must be certified to work together.
- Dogs must always be on a leash (4′ max for Love on a Leash, 6′ max for Pet Partners)
- Only one therapy pet may be handled by the handler at a time.
- Always have your therapy pet in your line of vision.
- Always ask before allowing your therapy pet to approach a client or staff member. (Unless of course the client invites the animal)
- Therapy pets must always be well-behaved, no jumping on people or furniture, etc. Ask if animals are allowed on furniture.
- Teams must carry credentials.
Being a therapy pet team is hard, rewarding work, yet sometimes it feels like we are hardly working.